With I.D. ROOMZZ, Volkswagen shows us the biggest vehicle built on the all-electric MEB platform. A full size five-meter long SUV, with three rows of seats.
Full-size SUV announced for production in 2021
The concept was unveiled at the “Brand SUV Night”, by the way of 2019 Shanghai Auto Show, and will have a production version in China in 2021 (other markets probably will follow).
Video source: Volkswagen
The ID. ROOMZZ’s bodywork design follows the clear, homogeneous lines of the rest of the ID. family. The concept car also breaks new ground in the full-size SUV segment thanks to multiple details.”
The 225 kW dual-motor all-wheel-drive powertrain and 82 kWh battery enables I.D. ROOMZZ to go 0-100 km/h (62 mph) in 6.6 seconds, while the WLTP range is 450 km (280 miles). Decent specifications are complemented by 150 kW DC fast charging capability.
Volkswagen I.D. ROOMZZ specs:
- 82 kWh battery
- 450 km (280 miles) of WLTP range, 475 km (295 miles) under Chinese NEDC
- 0-100 km/h (62 mph) in 6.6 seconds
- 180 km/h (112 mph) top speed
- dual motor all-wheel drive
- system output of 225 kW (306 hp)
- DC fast charging to 80% in 30 minutes at up to 150 kW