The order guides for the 2019 Volkswagen e-Golf in the U.S. indicate upcoming changes in prices and standard equipment.
According to CarsDirect, the base price will go up by $1,400.
Here are the details: (thanks Insideevs for share)
Base SE trim:
- 2018 – $31,390 ($30,495 MSRP + $895 D&H)
- 2019 – $32,790 ($31,895 MSRP + $895 D&H) – $1,400 more
- DC fast charging inlet now standard (previously $995)
- Driver Assistance Package (automatic emergency braking with pedestrian detection, a blind spot monitor and adaptive cruise control with stop & go capability) option now available for $650 (previously not available)
SEL Premium trim:
- 2018 – $38,240 ($37,345 MSRP + $895 D&H)
- 2019 – $39,790 ($38,895 MSRP + $895 D&H) – $1,550 more
- Driver Assistance Package (with more features than in SE version: parking assistance feature and automatic high beams) now standard (previously $1,075)
Still remains unknown why Volkswagen decided to increase the prices of base version, as we would expect to see a gradual decrease.