Elon Musk pulled out a huge surprise: the new Roadster. Yes, the Tesla Roadster is back, and we’ll apparently see it on the road sometime in 2020. The performance is said to be absolutely staggering.
About Tesla Roadster:
- 7,376 pound-feet of torque. Yes, you read that correctly.
- 0-60 mph in 1.9 seconds, making it the quickest production car in the world.
- 0-100 mph in 4.2 seconds.
- Quarter mile in 8.8 seconds, which beats every other production car.
- 250+ mph top speed.
- 620 miles of highway range.
“To the moon and back”
You’ll be able to drive the new Roadster from Los Angeles to San Francisco and back on one charge, at highway speeds. The new Roadster will use three electric motors – one in the front and two in the back – giving it through-the-road all-wheel drive. The incredible power comes courtesy of a 200-kilowatt-hour battery.