Battery-powered vehicles are so popular these days in fact that the Nissan Leaf – the best selling electric car in the world.
So Nissan recently topped the list of fastest-selling used cars in the UK.
The list, published by used car marketplace Auto Trader(according to InsideEvs), covers all kinds of cars. The Leaf came out best taking just 17 days on average to find a new owner. In that Leaf beating the 2016 Mazda CX-5 in diesel manual guise, the 2016 Kia Sorento SUV Diesel Automatic, the 2016 Skoda Octavia Estate Petrol Manual, the 2016 Smart forfour Hatchback Petrol Automatic, and the 2016 Peugeot 108 Convertible Petrol Automatic, all of which took an average of 18 days to sell.
“An all-electric vehicle making it to the very top of the UK’s fastest selling is really quite significant, and reflects the trends we’re seeing elsewhere.
The UK’s Top 10 Fastest Selling Used Cars in March 2019
Rank Make/Model Average Days to sell Average Price Position Average Retail Price
- Nissan Leaf Hatchback Electric Automatic 17 99.32% £10,550
- Mazda CX-5 SUV Diesel Manual 18 98.37% £15,186
- Kia Sorento SUV Diesel Automatic 18 98.87% £23,050
- Skoda Octavia Estate Petrol Manual 18 98.19% £13,437
- Smart forfour Hatchback Petrol Automatic 18 101.25% £8,264
- Peugeot 108 Convertible Petrol Automatic 18 98.48% £7,140
- Vauxhall Mokka Hatchback Petrol Automatic 19 98.72% £10,959
- Vauxhall Zafira MPV Petrol Manual 19 100.84% £10,289
- Peugeot 208 Hatchback Petrol Automatic 19 98.57% £9,554
- Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class SUV Diesel Automatic 20 99.70% £26,947 Source: Motor1.com, AutoTrade