The 2022 Kia Telluride claims a top spot in our midsize SUV rankings thanks in part to its spacious and well-appointed cabin, large cargo hold, and sleek technology.
Pros & Cons
- Roomy, high-quality cabin
- Ample cargo space
- Long list of standard features
- User-friendly infotainment system
- So-so engine power and acceleration
Rankings & Awards
The 2022 Kia Telluride’s #1 ranking is based on its score within the Midsize SUVs category. It is the winner of our 2022 Best 3-Row SUV for the Money award and the winner of our 2022 Best 3-Row SUV for Families award. Currently the Kia Telluride has a score of 8.6 out of 10, which is based on our evaluation of 30 pieces of research and data elements using various sources.
- Winner 2022 Best 3-Row SUV for the Money
- Winner 2022 Best 3-Row SUV for Families
Is the Kia Telluride a Good SUV?
Yes, the Telluride is a very good midsize SUV . Its cabin is chock-full of quality materials and user-friendly features. There’s roomy seating for up to eight across three rows, and plenty of cargo room to boot. In addition, the Telluride delivers well-rounded performance, even if it doesn’t lead the pack in any one area. The standard V6 engine is a sturdy workhorse, and ride quality and handling are nicely balanced.
Should I Buy the Kia Telluride?
If you’re shopping for a family vehicle or an SUV with lots of versatility, the Telluride is absolutely worth considering. Still, there’s some good competition in this segment. Both the Hyundai Palisade and Honda Pilot offer similar attributes.
2021 vs. 2022 Kia Telluride: What’s the Difference?
For 2022, Kia adds a 10.25-inch touch screen, dual-zone automatic climate control, and highway driving assist to the Telluride’s standard features list. The Telluride S trim also gains standard wireless device charging. Otherwise, there are no major differences between the 2020 and 2021 models.
Here are the key changes for the Kia Telluride over the last few years:
- 2022: gains a 10.25-inch touch screen, dual-zone automatic climate control, and highway driving assist as standard equipment
- 2021: Nightfall Edition introduced
- 2020: all-new model
If you’re considering an older model, be sure to read our 2020 Telluride and 2021 Telluride reviews to help make your decision. A
How Much Does the Kia Telluride Cost?
The 2022 Kia Telluride’s MSRP of $32,790 is about average for a midsize SUV . Two midrange trims start at $35,290 and $37,790, while the range-topping SX trim retails for $42,690.
Front-wheel drive is standard in every trim, and all-wheel-drive models are about $2,000 more. A Telluride equipped with most major options easily eclipses the $50,000 mark.
Telluride Interior: Swanky and Spacious
Telluride Interior Quality
The 2022 Kia Telluride has a first-rate cabin. Even in lower trim levels, the materials are high-quality, and everything is put together with a satisfying fit and finish. Moreover, the entire design is sleek and modern.
Telluride Infotainment, Bluetooth, and Navigation
New for 2022, the Telluride comes standard with the 10.25-inch touch screen that was formerly optional. Sharp graphics and easy-to-navigate menus make this interface a breeze to operate, though drivers may have to stretch a bit to reach some controls.
The infotainment system processes your commands quickly, and there are plenty of physical controls for volume, media shortcuts, and climate settings. All are clearly labeled and arranged intuitively on the center stack.
- Standard infotainment features: a 10.25-inch touch screen, Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, satellite radio, navigation, Bluetooth, voice recognition, a six-speaker stereo, and six USB ports
- Available infotainment features: wireless device charging, a 7-inch instrument cluster display, a rear-seat entertainment system, a 10-speaker Harman Kardon surround-sound stereo, and an additional USB port
- Additional standard features: dual-zone automatic climate control, proximity keyless entry, and remote start
- Other available features: a household-style power outlet, an auto-dimming rearview mirror, a universal garage door opener, 64-color ambient interior lighting, a sunroof, and a dual-pane sunroof
Telluride Cargo Space
The Telluride offers a terrific amount of cargo room for a midsize SUV . You get 21 cubic feet of space behind the third-row seats, which is excellent for the class. Fold those down, and there’s 46 cubic feet, a more middling amount for the segment.
With all the rear seats folded down, the Telluride offers 87 cubic feet of space, which is above average, though the most spacious class rivals offer around 100 cubic feet of maximum cargo space.